Pages

Sunday 20 January 2019

Summer Learning Journey - Day 5 - Final Post!

Unfortunately Summer Learning Journey has come to an end and it is going to be my last three activity. Hope you enjoy!

Activity 1: Environment Day - Beat Plastic Pollution [4 points]

On your blog tell us three things that you could do to help save the planet.

We could: R,R,R

Reduce, Reuse, Recycle.

Activity 2: Adoption Day [4 points]

On your blog, list the three animals that you have chosen and then compare and contrast them. How are they similar? How are they different? At the bottom of you post, tell us which of the three animals you would most like to adopt.

I have chosen Pygmy Elephant, Ocelot and a Macaw. How are they similar? It is kind of hard to find what is similar about them but I think the only similar thing about them is they are mammals. How are they different? Their colours, Names and how they look like.
Out of the tree that I chose I would most like to adopt a Ocelot because they look so adorable

Activity 3: Concluding the Journey [10 points]

On your blog please tell us:
  1. What is one thing that you learned from participating in the Summer Learning Journey programme this year?
  2. What is one thing that surprised you?
  3. What is one thing that concerned or upset you?
  4. What is one thing that you (or your family) can do, moving forward, to help protect our natural environment?

1. That people in New Zealand are trying to go Predator Free
2. That people create outfits with recycled materials
3. That more animals are getting endangered 
4. Reduce, Reuse and Recycle 

Biggest thanks to the Summer Learning Team Members!

5 comments:

  1. Kia ora Tufui,

    First of all, congratulations on completing the Summer Learning Journey, Tufui. What an incredible accomplishment that is to finish all 60 activities. We all know that it takes a lot of time and energy to read and answer so many. I hope you have still found time to energy the beautiful sunshine outside. Ka pai, Tufui!

    Second of all, well done for completing all three of day fives activities. In regards to activity 1, I really like how you have identified the three R's. Reduce, reuse, and recycle. These are important terms that we could all work at improving. My household are very good at recycling but could definitely work at reducing our waste. What is one thing you could do to reduce, one thing to reuse, and one thing you could do to recycle?

    Activity 2:
    Well done on choosing three very cute and interesting animals. You have definitely picked three very different animals so it is hard to find similarities. Maybe you could look into the diet of a Pygmy Elephant and a Macaw and let me know what you find. Also, what country do the animals live in. Can any of these animals be found in the same country? I am looking forward to hearing your thoughts.

    Activity 3:
    Thank you for sharing some facts about your learning over the journey. I am so glad that you have come away with a broader knowledge of our world. I absolutely agree with you. I find it incredibly sad that so many animals in our world are becoming extinct. I was shocked that the Amur Leopard has around 80 cats left on this planet. They are on the brink of extinction and it breaks my heart. If only there was something we could do to help all of these animals.

    I am looking forward to reading your response from activities 1 and 2 so that I can award you with full points.

    Once again, well done Tufui. I hope you are proud of your achievement, because I sure am proud of you and I know Mr Vega will be too.

    Ka kite,
    Megan :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for all your support Megan. An answer to your question for activity 1 I could recycle by using it in my garden or just put them into the recycle bin.

      For activity 2 my research tells me that the Pygmy Elephant is usually on a island of Borneo in the Malaysian state of Sabah and parts of Indonesian Kalimantan. Macaws are also usually found in the Central and South America forests.

      I found that the Macaws always eat foods like seeds, nuts, fruits, palm fruits, leaves, flowers, and stems.

      I also found out that Pygmy Elephants are herbivorous animals only eat plants so they can survive. They also eat a wide variety of vegetation including grasses, leaves, shoots, barks, fruits, nuts and seeds.

      Thank you Megan for everything!

      Ka Kite!:(

      Delete
    2. Kia ora Tufui,

      Thank you so much for your beautiful reply answering my many questions. You are absolutely right, both the Macaw and the pygmy elephant eat a variety of fruits, nuts, plants, and leaves which is something they both have in common. However, they live in different parts of the world, don't they?

      I am super excited to go and award you full points for this activity.

      Ngā mihi,
      Megan :)

      Delete
  2. Talofa Tufui,

    I just wanted to say a massive congratulations to you for completing the Summer Learning Journey! Well done for persevering and giving each of the activities a go, you should be very proud!

    Keep being resilient and make sure you try hard to work on the things we've asked of you. Don't forget to leave lots of positive, helpful and thoughtful comments on the blogs of others.

    Once again, congrats, and all the best for the year ahead!

    Toe feiloa'i fo'i,

    Cia.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cia for all your support throughout this whole Summer Learning Journey adventure. I will try to always be resilient and I will make sure that I leave positive, thoughtful and helpful comments on other peoples blogs.

      Ka kite!:(

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.