Pages

Wednesday 19 December 2018

Summer Learning Journey - Day 1

Activity 1 


Activity 1: The Legend of New Zealand [4 points]

Firstly I chose my first fact which was: New Zealand's official language is English and Maori. The reason why I chose this fact is because I thought only one country has only one language.
Secondly I chose my second fact which was: The Maori name for New Zealand is Aotearoa. Aotearoa means the land of the long white cloud. I chose this fact because I thought that Aotearoa means New Zealand but it didn't. It really shocked me because I didn't know that.
Thirdly I chose this fact: Out of all of the countries New Zealand is one of the least populated countries with over 4 million populations. I chose this fact because it is really interesting that we are one of the countries that have a least population.

Activity 2 

Activity 2: North and South [4 points]

Now it is time to think about your hometown. What is special about where you live? On your blog, describe your hometown. Be sure to include lots of describing words (adjectives) in your post. What I found special and interesting about where I live (Auckland) is that it is a caring and loving community. Even though it is a small community but we stand up for each others backs and I really do want more people to come and live here in Auckland. You may think that Auckland is a bad place but it is actually not. Auckland is the perfect place to relax and travel.
Image result for auckland

Activity 3 

Activity 3: Ice, Ice baby [10 points]


Here is my digital footprint on how to stay safe and smart whenever you are online.
Make sure to always post positive things if you are online.
Remember no gang signs because other people might not know what signs those are.
And remember once you post something you can't get rid of it.
Thanks for reading my blog! Thanks Summer Learning Journey!

3 comments:

  1. Talofa Tufui,

    Cia here from the Summer Learning Journey Ako Hiko team.

    Activity 1:
    I really like that you used personal voice in your facts about New Zealand post, well done. Are you certain that New Zealand is one of the least populated countries in the world? Perhaps you could undertake a little research to check.

    Activity 2:
    You wrote a heartfelt blurb about your hometown Auckland. I too am from Auckland so I can identify with a few of the things you wrote. There are definitely some awesome communities within Auckland that have each other's backs, especially our wonderful Pacific and cultural communities throughout our city. Perhaps next time you could include a community you are a part of.

    Activity 3:
    You have written some good points about being Cybersmart online. Next time it'd be great if you could elaborate a little more on the digital footprints that are left behind and why they are hard to get rid of.

    Well done on getting off to a great start to the Summer Learning Journey. Keep up the good work Tufui!

    Toe feiloa'i fo'i (see you again),

    Cia.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Cia,

      Thank you for commenting on my blog and making sure that I had everything going right. I will keep it up and make sure I will have no mistakes. I did search if New Zealand is one of the least populated countries in the world? And I found that New Zealand is not one of the least countries. Goodbye Cia!

      Delete
    2. Talofa Tufui,

      You are working so hard! We love seeing your posts and having you on the Summer Learning Journey with us. Well done on going the extra mile and doing a bit of research. Remember making mistakes is okay as long as you persevere and try your hardest to improve!

      Ka mau te wehi Tufui, you are awesome!

      Cia.

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.