Pages

Friday 18 January 2019

DAY 4: Making Promises

Activity 1: Campaigning for Conservation [4 points]

On your blog, tell us which campaign you have chosen to support and provide us with a slogan for that campaign.

I have made up my own SLOGAN. I don't think this is really a SLOGAN but I hope it was still great.

My SLOGAN is NATURE'S LIFE because there is a lot of things that we might not know about Nature. That is why I chose my Slogan as Natures Life. Hope you liked it.




Activity 2: The Plastic Pledge [4 points]

On your blog, tell us what they think about Countdown’s decision to stop using plastic bags.

I asked my Aunt Valeti what she thinks about Countdown's decision to stop plastic bags and here is what she said.

"What I think about Countdown's decision to stop using plastic bag is a great idea. There might be chemicals in the plastic bag then eventually turtles will think it is a jellyfish and then they will eat it. Also it is not good for our environment".

What do you think about Countdown's decision to stop plastic bags?


Activity 3: Restricted Access [10 points] 

On your blog, tell us what you think about the government’s decision to restrict the number of tourists able to visit this special site. Is it fair? Be sure to tell us why you feel the way that you do.

Image result for machu picchu good quality
Is it fair that the governments decision is to restrict the number of tourists able to visit Machu Picchu?

Well I think both...

I think it is fair because decades ago tourist went to visit Machu Picchu and this has damaged the area. Also because it is on mountains maybe there are cliffs then the cliffs might fall down and damage Machu Picchu. 

I think it is not fair because tourist won't get to see the beautiful places and explore what is at Machu Picchu. Also they can have some peaceful time relaxing and visiting Machu Picchu. 

Thanks to the Summer earning Journey Team Members!

3 comments:

  1. Talofa Tufui,

    I think the slogan you created would be great for a wellness campaign, I think people need to be reminded that it's okay to 'Just Be Yourself', ka pai. A friendly reminder; the activity asks you to select a campaign from the Forest & Bird campaign site and make a slogan for that campaign. Please edit your post to include this, so you may earn full points for this activity. :)

    You have provided your Aunt's opinion on Countdown's decision to stop supplying plastic bags. I like the fact that you brought up how plastic bags can harm animals in our environment, you are right. It is really hard to see animals suffer at the hand of pollution amongst other things.

    Perhaps next time you could provide some pictures of problems plastic rubbish causes, to really hit home how serious this matter is. A lot of other supermarkets have followed suit, New World also no longer supplies plastic bags. They are continuing to sell reusable bags as well as paper bags. Why do you think they have decided to use paper bags?

    You have given us your opinion on the rule the Peruvian government has enforced on tourists being able to visit Machu Picchu. I like that you thought to give us reasons for each view point on whether you think it's fair or not. I agree that is fair because a lot of damage has been caused by masses of tourists walking on the fragile area surrounding Machu Picchu.

    I personally think the rule is fair, the Peruvian government has every right to protect a landmark that is of great importance to their culture and history of their people!

    Keep persevering and working hard.

    Toe feiloa'i fo'i,

    Cia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Talofa Cia,

    Thanks for commenting also I have updated my work and I hope it is right.

    Blog you later!

    Toe feiloa'i fo'i,

    Tufui:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Talofa Tufui,
    Do you agree with your Aunt's feelings about plastic bags? How do YOU feel about it? Is there anything you do to reduce your plastic use? I carry a reusable bag with me, and a reusable drink bottle so that I don't have to buy a single use plastic pump bottle if I get thirsty when I am out.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.