Pages

Monday 14 January 2019

DAY 2: Protecting Our Own

Activity 1: A Flying Fox [4 points]

On your blog, tell us how you would feel about going ziplining in Rotorua. Try to use some descriptive words (adjectives) and action words (verbs) in your post!.

If I went to Rotorua and had a chance to go ziplining it would be awesome or maybe it will be more than awesome. I am actually scared of heights and if I went down the zipline then I will have goosebumps on my arms. I will be so frightened and then I will fell like the rope might break. But in the end it was worth a try.

Activity 2: A Protective Plant [4 points]

On your blog list 10 veggies, fruits, or herbs that you would plant in your garden.

1. Lettuce 

2. Strawberry

3. Watermelon 

4. Cucumbers 

5. Carrots 

6. Tomatoes 

7. Apple 

8. Banana

9. Cabbage 

10. Feijoa  


Activity 3: A House is Not a Home [10 points]

On your blog, tell us which project you find most interesting and why.

I chose Sustainable Lansan Project because they ensure the long-term conservation of the endangered lansan tree. I also chose that project because they help endangered trees to be healthy and alive again.

Thanks to the Summer Learning Journey Team Members!

3 comments:

  1. Good morning Tufui,

    It's me Araura, Whitch you probably already know.

    First of all congratulations on your amazing post.

    I like the list of Fruits, Veggies and spices. I would also like to grow strawberry, Watermelon, Apple and feijoa those are some of my favorite fruit.

    Maybe you could have added a photo or two.that would have been great.

    I also like the detail you have added on the first activity. I will be terrified, I am also afraid of heights.

    Anyway keep up the good work.

    Blog you later Bye 😀

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia ora Tufui,

    I really love how you have included a days worth of activities into one post. This is definitely an efficient way to get through your activities. It also help us when we are commenting on your activities.

    Activity 1:
    I really like how you have described what you might feel like when going on the zip line. I agree with you, I get this sinking sensation in my belly when I am doing activities like this, that the line is going to break. However, it never does. Do you think you would like to have a go at zip-lining?

    Activity 2:
    You have chosen some delicious veggies to plant in your garden. I think my garden would look very similar to yours. We have just moved house, so unfortunately, we haven't got our vegetable garden up and running yet. However, we do have rhubarb growing, have you tried rhubarb before?

    Activity 3:
    The Sustainable Lansan Project is a great project to choose to research. I found it absolutely fascinating what the locals use the trees for. In order to receive full points for this activity can you find out the uses of this tree?

    I cannot wait to see what you find out.

    Awesome work, Tufui,
    Megan :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Malo e lelei Megan,

      My answer for Activity 1 is Yes I would want to have a go at zip-lining so that I can overcome my fear of heights.

      For activity 2 - No I haven't tried rhubarb before.

      Lastly my answer to Activity 3 is that I think the use of the Lansan Tree is providing food for pigeon and other wild animals.

      I hope my answers were alright but I am worried that Activity 3 might be wrong.

      Tufui:)

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.