Pages

Tuesday 1 January 2019

DAY 3: First You ‘Sea’ Me, Now You Don’t…

Activity 1: Night Owls [4 points]

On your blog, tell us whether you are a night owl or an early riser. Then, tell us about the rest of your family. Are they the same as you?
I am both because sometimes I stay up very late and sometimes I wake up very early. My mum and dad are night owls. My siblings are also night owls. And lastly my grandma and grandpa are early riser. 

Activity 2: A Local Delicacy [4 points]

On your blog, share a list of the ingredients that you need to make this food. You must type out the list of ingredients yourself (and not simply copy and paste it from a website) to earn full points.

I chose to make Milo because it is really nice and warm to drink. 

Ingredients:
1. Milo
2. Sugar
3. Milk
4. Boiled Water

Firstly:
Boil the water in a kettle.
Once it finishes then get your tea cup.
Put 1 teaspoon of Milo into the cup.
Then put 1 teaspoon of sugar in again.
Pour the hot water into the cup then start mixing.
Once you finish mixing then pour the milk into the cup.
Now your done!

Activity 3: The Midnight Zone [10 points]

Here is my working out and I did it on a google drawing then I screen-shot it.



Thanks to the Summer Learning Journey Team Members!

4 comments:

  1. Malo e lelei Tufui,

    You are pretty similar to me, although I am usually an early riser, on some weekends and holidays I like to sleep in.. My favourite thing to do when I get to sleep in, is swipe the snooze button off! :) What’s the first thing you do when you wake up? I like to blast music while I’m in the shower getting ready for my day ahead.

    I had a piping hot Milo the other night to help me go to sleep, it is a very comforting drink with a semi sweet taste. Sometimes I like to put a spoon in my Weetbix, have you ever tried that? Also, don't forget to add boiled water to your ingredient list!

    You have tried to show how you worked out the giant squid math problem in two different ways. I am a little confused about how you used adding to get each of your answers, can you explain a little more about how you got each answer?

    Please edit your post to show a bit more detail about how you worked out each of those answers. I will be happy to reward you with full points for this activity when you have done this. :)

    I look forward to reading your updated post.

    Toe feiloa'i fo'i,

    Cia.


    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Cia,

    I have updated the Math problem and I hope it make more sense if it doesn't then please tell me. By the way do you know when Summer Learning Journey finishes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mauri Tufui,

      Thank you for making your thinking clearer. :)

      The Summer Learning Journey finishes next week on Friday the 25th of January. So, you still have quite a bit of time to complete the activities.

      I can see you are pretty much halfway through week 4's activities, well done. Keep up the good work! :)

      Toe feiloa'i fo'i,

      Cia.

      Delete
    2. Thank you for all your support Cia!

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.