Pages

Thursday 10 January 2019

DAY 5: Here to Stay

Activity 1: Persistent Pollution [4 points]

On your blog, share three new things that you learned about air pollution from this video.

1. Most Air Pollution results from human activities

2. There are three things that can cause Air Pollution

3. Some Air Pollution comes from natural sources like Volcanic Eruptions, Log fires or Alleghenies I think that's how you spell it

Activity 2: Changing Climates [4 points]

On your blog, tell us about five things that you like to do when it is too rainy to go outside.

1. I usually go on my Chromebook to play games or do school homework

2. Play with my siblings

3. Watch TV

4. Do house chores

5. Draw or Coloring


Activity 3: Let It Rain [10 points]

On your blog, write a short story about what happened when you opened the door and walked outside after the acid rain storm. To earn full points, you must write a story that is 8 – 10 sentences long.

When the rain fell, I stayed inside with my family. When it stopped, however, my family and I decided to go for a walk outside. When I opened the door the grass looked weak and brown. I also saw every single plant that was panted on our property they looked dead. I was so sad because we worked so hard to plant and wait for them to grow. I looked to the my neighbors houses and saw that everything looked like it was the end of the world. But also not just that every single leaf that was on the tree fell off the tree. I was really scared that the Acid Rain storm would come back.

Thanks to the Summer Learning Journey Team Members!

2 comments:

  1. Hey,Tufui it's Araura, great Job. I love you story it has so much detail and descriptive words I love it, Maybe next time you can add a few pictures.

    Anyway keep up the good work. Blog you later Bye 😀

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tufui,

    It's Leslie here, a member of the Summer Learning Journey team. I'm so glad that you've chosen to participate in this blogging program this year - good on you!!

    I see that you've watched the video about air pollution and learned something about what causes or contributes to it. You're right that pollution is mostly man-made but can also occur as a result of forest fires or volcanoes erupting. There are many things that can contribute to air pollution - more than 3, actually. There's exhaust from cars and trucks on our roads, pollution from all kinds of industries that pump smoke out into the atmosphere, pollution as a result of our airplanes flying about the planet, etc.

    It's not a happy topic but it's important that we understand where air pollution comes from so that we can work together to make choices that reduce the amount of pollution we produce, isn't it?

    I see, too, that you've written a story about an acid rains storm. You've done a good job of describing what it might be like if there really was a rainstorm of acidic rain. It would be dreadful to see our world turned brown because we didn't pay attention to the chemicals we're pouring into the air from our industries!

    We had some concerns about acid rain falling in Canada many years ago when we noticed that fish were dying in some of our lakes, and trees were being damaged in our forests. Our government passed laws requiring companies to reduce the amount of toxic waste they put into the air and their smoke stacks had to have scrubbers on them to better filter their exhaust. We've improved the situation, thank goodness. Our lakes and forests are in better shape than they were a few years ago. We have to be vigilant though, to make sure that the way we produce things we need isn't causing trouble to our natural world.

    I hope you've had a super summer and that you're enjoying these activities!!

    I'll continue to enjoy reading your blog.

    Cheers,

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.