Pages

Monday 31 December 2018

DAY 2: Fabulous Flora

Activity 1: Weaving a Tall Tale…[4 points]


On your blog, tell us whether or not you would like to try flax weaving. Does it interest you? Why or why not?
I would like to try flax weaving because it looks so unique and cool. Does it interest me? Actually it does because I never knew that you can use flax as something you can weave with.

Activity 2: Mighty Mangroves [4 points]


On your blog, tell us about this person. Who are they? Why are they, in your opinion, so strong and tough?

I chose my mum and dad because they are so strong and tough. In my opinion they are so strong and tough because when ever we have family situation they are still strong and they never give up. They are tough because they always have to put up with me and my siblings all the time so I thank them for everything!

Activity 3: Stranger than Fiction [10 points + 5 possible points]

On your blog, list three similarities and three differences between the two plants that you chose. To earn five extra bonus points, post a picture of both plants on your blog.

Rafflesia Arnoldii

rafflesia arnoldii


Corpse Flower

corpse flower

Three similarities about Raffelesia Arnoldii & Corpse Flower is that obviously they are plants. They both grow up to the size of three feet. Lastly they are known as one of the strangest plants in the world.

Three differences about Raffelesia Arnoldii & Corpse Flower is that they both look different, they smell different and they don't have the same names.

Thanks Summer Learning Journey Team Members!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Tufui its me Araura and i just have to say "Wow",This is amazing,I would agree with you on the second activity,I loved how you gave more than one reason on why you think there tough and strong..Blog you later..If you want to go check out my blog here is the link https://wpsaraurat.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Malo e lelei Tufui,

    Yes, you can indeed weave with flax. I like to dry mine out and treat it, it turns a light sand colour when I do this. I would love to weave more often, I really want to weave my Mum an ili (fan) one day. I remember seeing lots of beautiful ili in my grandparents house when I was young. Is there something in particular you'd like to weave?

    Sounds like you have an amazing Mum and Dad! Parents are amazing, they go through lots of things so that their children can be happy and healthy. It’s a wonderful thing to show our parent lots of love and appreciation whenever we can, we don't always have to wait for Mother's and Father's day. I love going out to lunch with my Mum, we talk about lots of stuff. What’s something special you like to do with your Mum?

    You have posted some interesting looking plants, have you had the chance to smell either of these plants? I am curious about whether they really do smell the same!

    Toe feiloa'i fo'i,

    Cia.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.