Pages

Monday 31 December 2018

WEEK 2: Water, Water, Everywhere

DAY 1: Swimming with the Fish


Activity 1: Surfs Up! [4 points]

On your blog, post a picture of yourself doing one of your favourite summer activities. Below the picture tell us what the activity is and tell us why it is one of your favourites.
Here is a photo of me when I was younger and one of the activity that I like to do when its Summer is Swimming. I like swimming when its summer because summer is a hot season and I can go swimming in the pool. Also you can go swimming with your family and play around and just have fun!!!

Activity 2: The Great Taupo Cycle Challenge [4 points]

On your blog, list the three people you would like to have on your Lake Taupo Cycle Race Support Crew. Tell us why you have chosen each person.
If it was me, I would choose my dad, Daryl, as one of my supporters because he is always supportive and he would always tell us to never give up. He is also very kind. I would also take my mum, Tufui, as one of my supporters because she is always there when we need her and she is very supportive and kind. Lastly I would take my brother, Minerva, as one of my supporters because he is smart, sporty and is very supportive.

Activity 3: Something Smells Fishy…[10 points]

On your blog, write out each fact and in CAPITAL LETTERS beside the fact, write the word ‘TRUE’ if it is a true fact or ‘FALSE’ if it is not true.

Fish Fact #1: FALSE - I think it is false because I don't think a fish can live that long.
Fish Fact #2: TRUE - I think it is true because sharks do have eyelids.
Fish Fact #3: TRUE - I think it is true because it has fish in its name also because it lives in the ocean.
Fish Fact #4: TRUE - I think it is true because when I was watching programme about fishes I heard the fishes moans.
Fish Fact #5: FALSE - I think it is false because I have never heard that name used for fish swimming together in groups.

Thanks Summer Learning Journey Team!

1 comment:

  1. Talofa Tufui,

    You have shared a great photo of yourself enjoying a bit of swimming at the pools. I like to swim in the summer too, I make sure I am well covered with sunscreen and I sometimes wear a big hat to protect my face and neck if I am just taking a dip.

    You have a created a strong support team here and provided good reasons why you'd have them there with you. It's always good to have people who love you by your side, it helps to have them there cheering you on!

    I'd probably take my Mum because she is my biggest supporter, my youngest sister because I feel like she'd have the loudest cheer in the crowd. I think I'd ask my niece to be a part too, because she'd probably do the race with me to encourage me to finish. :)

    You have given an answer for all statements. Well done on sussing out some of the true facts from the false facts in this last activity. Remember that the link to 'cool facts about fish' can help you answer all these true or false statements correctly. Please revisit the website and revise (re-check) your answers. I will be happy to give you full points for this activity when you have done this. :)

    I look forward to reading your edited post.

    Toe feiloa'i fo'i,

    Cia.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.