Pages

Friday 21 December 2018

DAY 4: More than Meets the Eye

Activity 1: Scaling New Heights [4 points]


On your blog, post five questions that you would like to ask Sir Edmund Hillary about his life.


What I would want to ask Sir Edmund Hillary about his life is:
What this you dream when you were growing up?
How did you feel when you reached the top of Mt Everest?
What was the most challenging thing you were going through while you were climbing up the mountain?
What inspired him to become a mountain climber?
How long did it take to reach the top of Mt Everest?

Activity 2: Pancakes and Maple Syrup? [4 points]

For this activity you are asked to choose one of your favourite foods. On your blog, write the name of your favourite food and then tell us how to make it. You may need to ask a family member, friend or Google (!) for help, if you do not normally make this food for yourself.

My favourite food is Butter Chicken and today I will tell you how to make Butter Chicken.

Step 1:
Pace yogurt, garlic, ginger, cumin, coriander, garam masala, and chili powder in a glass or ceramic dish. Add chicken. Stir to coat. Cover. Refrigerate for 2 hours.

Step 2:
Heat oil and butter in a heavy-based saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 to 4 minutes or until softened. Add chicken mixture to pan. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until chicken just starts to change colour. Add tomato puree and stock. Cover. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until chicken is tender and mixture has thickened slightly. 

Step 3:
Stir in cream. Simmer for a further 5 minutes or until heated through. Serve with steamed rice and coriander leaves.

Activity 3: Salt and Pepper [5 + 5 possible bonus points]

On your blog tell us where you would build your hotel and what you would use to build it. For an extra five points, use Google Drawings to design one room in your hotel. You can also use a paper and pencil to draw your room, take a picture of the drawing, and post it on your blog.


If I had my own hotel then I would build on the beach. If I had a hotel then I will build it with soft wood.



Thank you for reading my blog! Thanks to Summer Learning Journey Team Members!



5 comments:

  1. Kia ora Tufui,

    My name is Rachel and I am a member of the Summer Learning Journey blogging team. It is great to see that you have joined the programme this year and been such an active blogger. I really enjoyed reading through all of your posts and enjoyed this one, in particular. It is great to see that you put in the effort to draw your hotel. If I was you I would also build it on the beach. I think that it would be amazing to wake up each morning and look out the window of the hotel to see the waves crashing on the shore below.

    In this activity I also enjoyed reading the questions that you would pose to Sir Edmund Hillary, if you had had the chance to meet him in person. It's really too bad that he has passed away, isn't it? I can see from your activity that you've come up with three questions for Sir Edmund. In order for us to give you full points, can you please add two more questions to the list? We're looking for you to come up with a full five questions. Perhaps you would like to ask him about what inspired him to become a mountain climber or maybe you would like to know more about the mountain itself? Feel free to choose any two questions that you want to and add them to your post. We will come back soon to see if you have had time to add them in.

    In the meantime, have a wonderful holiday season with your family!

    Cheers,
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rachel for giving up some time just to write so much to me. By the way I added in 2 more questions into my blog.

      Have a wonderful holiday season with your family too!

      Cheers,
      Tufui

      Delete
    2. Kia ora Tufui,

      Awesome work! I am so pleased to see that you've had time to add in the two extra questions and to write back. I will go ahead and update our spreadsheet and let Megan know that you've been so quick to make the change and to improve your work. I know that she is going to be so pleased!

      All the best to you and your family!

      Rachel :)

      Delete
    3. Thank you Rachel for updating the spreadsheet and letting Megan know.

      Hope you had a good Christmas Day!

      Tufui =)

      Delete
    4. My pleasure! Hope that you are having a really nice day. Do you have any special plans? I am hoping to get to the beach later for a swim. The weather is so beautiful here in Auckland today, isn't it? It is such a nice change from all of the rain that we had earlier in the week!

      Bye for now,
      Rachel :)

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.