Pages

Wednesday 19 December 2018

DAY 2: Forest Life

Activity 1: Giants Among Us [4 points]


It will be great if I got to meet Tane Mahuta in real life because I want to see if he is like other Kauri Trees which are starting to get extinct right now. I want to meet Tane Mahuta because I want to see how tall it is and see if birds are living with him.

I don't want to meet Tane Mahuta because what if I carry a bit of soil in my shoes and then it spreads to other Kauri Trees and they might die.

Activity 2: Fabulous Ferns [4 points]

1. Black Ferns
2. Silver Ferns
3. Black Ferns
Related image

Image result for silver ferns uniform

Related image
My favourite was the Silver Ferns outfit because it shows the fern and it looks really comfortable and easy to run in during the game.

Activity 3: Weird and Wonderful [10 points]
I had to work out a problem and the question was:
365 times 3 and I got 1095 here is a photo of me working it out on a paper.



Thank you for checking out my blog (Summer Learning Journey)

1 comment:

  1. Kia orana Tufui,

    Wow, three activities in one post, go you!

    Activity 1:
    I really like that you talked about why you would and would not want to visit Tāne Mahuta. I can see that you knew there were pros (good things) and cons (not so good things) that made you want to visit or not.

    You included some information about Kauri Dieback that threatens the livelihood of our Kauri trees. Perhaps next time you could add a little more background knowledge about the disease so that visitors can make sure they take care when visiting any of our mighty Kauri trees.

    For my own list of pros and cons, the pros outweigh the cons and even though I'm not too fond of bush bugs myself I'd still go to see Tāne Mahuta in all its glory! It's too good an opportunity to miss.

    All in all, I am curious to know; would you go visit Tāne Mahuta or not?

    Activity 2:
    Well done on listing two teams that rep ferns in their names; you will need to add one more to make a third because you have 'Black Ferns' listed twice! You have also organised the pictures to go along with them (hint: the third picture will give you your third team name).

    Your opinion on your favourite uniform makes sense and you made a good point about how the design may make it easier to run in. However, do you think it would be less easy to run in shorts when playing Netball? Why?/Why not? A lot of other sports wear shorts, why do you think Netball players wear skirts and dresses?

    Activity 3:
    Oh nice! I see some good thinking took place, you have used a vertical algorithm to solve this problem. Well done on working out the problem at hand. Is there another strategy you could have used to work it out?

    Extra tricky question for you; what do you think the answer would be if you had to give 3ml of water everyday for 3 years?

    I enjoyed reading your post, keep up the great work Tufui. I look forward to seeing your edited post with your third team name included.:)

    Toe feiloa'i fo'i,

    Cia.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.